175 West 200 South, Suite 1004
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
We love to hear from you! Your questions and comments are important to us. We will do our best to respond to you as quickly as possible.
If you are looking for a specific staff member, please visit our staff page.
Equality Utah is a proud member of the Equality Federation.
To secure equal rights and protections for LGBTQ Utahns and their families.
A fair and just Utah.
With a vision of a fair and just Utah, Unity Utah was founded in 2001 by a group of visionary members of the Utah lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer community. Unity Utah's initial goal was to increase the number of fair-minded elected officials holding office.
In an effort to better support its mission of securing equal rights and protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer Utahns and their families Unity Utah became Equality Utah Political Action Committee in 2004. At the same time, two other organizations were formed: Equality Utah and Equality Utah Foundation.
Sharing a single mission and vision, these three organizations continue to work on behalf of Utah's lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender & queer community.
After historic wins in both marriage and statewide nondiscrimination, Utah’s LGBTQ community looks forward to a bright future. Though we have made significant gains in achieving legal equality, we still have work left to accomplish. Equality Utah continues to advocate for policies that provide legal parity for LGBTQ Utahns in all areas governed by civil law.
Accordingly, we support:
1. A revised hate crimes statute that will protect all Utahns regardless of race, religion, nation of origin, ability, sexual orientation and gender identity
2. A plan to end the harmful practice of conversion therapy
3. Work to improve access to insurance coverage for transgender-related care
4. Inclusion within the state’s existing public accommodations laws
5. Gender-neutral designations for single-occupancy bathroom stalls
6. Preventing harassment and discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity and expression in Utah's public schools and in foster care and juvenile detention settings
7. Juvenile justice reform policies that protect LGBTQ minors in state custody
Equality Utah's Board members are talented, hard-working, volunteer leaders who have governance responsibility for the organization. These leaders combine their passion and professional skills to pursuing Equality Utah's vision while maintaining a commitment to its mission.
See below for bios for our Board of Directors.
Equality Utah's Advisory Council is comprised of Founding Board Members, those instrumental in the founding of the organization, Past-Chairs of Equality Utah's Board of Directors as well as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people who have held or who currently hold an elected position at the state level. Equality Utah is grateful for the leadership of these outstanding individuals.