Discrimination, ridicule and abuse of transgender and gender non-conforming people can result in job loss, homelessness, bullying and other acts of violence, and refusal of services by healthcare providers.. By educating ourselves and others, Equality Utah can fight for equity and justice for transgender people, and assert the right to live openly without fear of abuse or discrimination.
Equality Utah is devoted to ending discrimination and violence against transgender people through education and advocacy on state and local issues of importance to transgender people, including the adoption of non-discrimination policies that include gender identity in addition to sexual orientation.
By empowering transgender people and our allies to educate and influence policymakers and others, Equality Utah offers a strong and clear voice for transgender equality in Utah.
- Case: Etsitty v. Utah Transit Authority (UTA's firing of a transgender bus driver was discriminatory but did not violate federal or state anti-discrimination laws
- Report: Scope of Explicitly Transgender-Inclusive Anti-Discrimination Laws
- Publication: Overcoming Voting Obstacles for Transgender Voters
- Article: Many suffered from anti-gay violence in 2008
- Injustice at Every Turn: A Report of the National Transgener Discrimination Survey