Equality Utah works to secure equal rights and protections for all LGBTQ Utahns and their families. Accordingly, we support policies that alleviate existing racial and economic disparities. We will oppose policies which perpetuate the existing divide.
Our goal is to promote an economic system that embraces all Utahns – regardless of race, orientation or gender identity.
According to the most recent statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau, the median earnings for U.S. women working full time, year-round were just 78 percent of U.S. men’s median earnings—a gap of 22 percent. Progress to close the gap has stalled during the last decade and the gap is even larger for women of color and for moms.
- Report: Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth: An epidemic of homelessness
- Report: False promises: How the right deploys homophobia to win support from African-Americans
- Report: Bi-national same-sex unmarried partners in census 2000
- Report: Unequal taxes on equal benefits: The taxation of domestic partner benefits
- Article: Lambda Legal on Proposition 8: Racial scapegoating is destructive and unacceptable
- Transgender Law: Immigration
- NAACP: Racial Profiling
- Inequality for All, a documentary on Robert Reich